The LACE project hosted a one-day SoLAR Flare event at the Open University, UK, on Friday 9 October. This online delegate pack contains follow-up information for reference by the delegates and those who could not participate in person.
Video replays of presentations
- Patrick McAndrew welcome, participant introductions, and Bart Rienties keynote (Leveraging the full value of learning analytics: The power of learning design)
- Belinda Tynan video message
- Chris Ballard keynote (Turning Learning Analytics Research into Practice at Tribal) and Lightning Presentations.
- Patrick McAndrew welcome: Challenges for analytics
- Bart Rienties keynote (Leveraging the full value of learning analytics: The power of learning design)
- Chris Ballard keynote (Turning Learning Analytics Research into Practice at Tribal)
- Lightning Presentations
- The Twitter hashtag was #LACEflare – the tweets were captured and are shown in this TAGS visualisation (thanks to Martin Hawksey).
- Details of sessions and speaker bios available on Lanyrd.
Useful related information
- The LACE project – you are here already! Sign up for our newsletter, and/or sign up as an Associate Partner.
- The LACE project’s Evidence Hub.
- The Society for Learning Analytics (SoLAR)
- LAK16: 6th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference, Edinburgh, April 25-29, 2016. Call for papers is out, deadline 31 October!
- Open Academic Analytics Initiative (OAAI)
- The Open University UK:
- Ethical use of Student Data for Learning Analytics Policy
- List of analytics research publications from OU researchers
- Postgraduate courses in Online and Distance Education
- LEA’s BOX: a learning analytics toolbox (EU project)
- PELARS: learning analytics tools for practice-based STEM (EU project)
- WATCHME – workplace-based e-assessment technology (EU project)
- LAEP – Learning Analytics and European Policy (EU project)