LACE organised in collaboration with University of Amsterdam the 1st Institutional Readiness Day for Learning Analytics in Amsterdam to explore the advantages and challenges to implement learning analytics in Higher Education.
After a very successful Open Learning Analytics Summit in Amsterdam in 2014, we were this year focusing on institutional readiness for learning analytics. We addressed this in two ways:
- Envisioning possible futures for learning analytics, in terms of their feasibility and desirability.
- Examining practical solutions to challenges in implementing open learning analytics tools.
A detailed blog post from Tore Hoel, co-orgniaseer of the event can be found in the LACE blog.
Many thanks to our University of Amsterdam for crafting this create video with interviews taken at the Institutional Readiness Day for Learning Analytic on 10th of December 2015.
Speakers in the video are:
– Josh Baron, Assistant Vice President, Information Technology for Digital Education of Marist College, NY, USA about the Apereo Learning Analytics Initiative.
– Garbor Kismihok, Stefan Mol, and Alan Berg, University of Amsterdam, NL reporting about internal Learning Analytics projects at the University of Amsterdam, NL.
– Marieke de Wit, Project Manager on Learning Analytics at surfnet.nl
– Tore Hoel, from the LACE project, on Data Interoperability and Ethics & Privacy studies.