On 5th June 2018 the Conference on Supporting Higher Education to Integrate Learning Analytics (SHEILA) will be held in Brussels, Belgium. The conference is organised by the team of the EU-funded SHEILA project (http://sheilaproject.eu) that has developed a policy and strategy framework to support higher education institutions to integrate learning analytics. The conference is intended for a broad spectrum of stakeholders including but not limited to senior institutional managers, government representatives and officials, policy and decision makers, students, teachers, researchers, technology vendors, and non-for-profit organisations.
The conference program will
- feature a keynote by Prof. Dr. Blazenka Divjak, Minister of Science and Education, Government of Croatia
- present an outstanding line-up of speakers representing a wide range of key stakeholders
- discuss empirical findings of various perspectives to learning analytics collected by involving several thousands of stakeholders from across Europe
- present the SHEILA policy framework for learning analytics adoption in higher education institutions
- demonstrate several case studies that were used for the development and validation of the SHEILA framework
- facilitate an interactive session that introduces the practical use of the SHEILA framework
- create opportunities for networking with stakeholders sharing common interest in adoption and implementation of learning analytics in higher education and beyond.
The conference includes
- presentations by international leading experts, partitions, and researchers in learning analytics
- interactive discussion sessions with institutional and thought leaders in learning analytics.
The full conference program, including registration instructions, is available at http://sheilaproject.eu/2018/03/27/sheila_conference/
Registration for the conference is free and includes access to the entire conference program, coffee breaks, and lunch.
Conference venue: House of the Dutch Provinces, Trierstraat 59-61, B-1040 Brussels, Belgium.
The SHEILA team looks forward to seeing you in Brussels!